Pinterest/Interest

Monday, September 3, 2012

Gearing up to get an agent: meet and greet

  
Questions for the Meet and Greet

Hello to you who are part of this venture. Let's hope we all succeed in getting an agent.


-Where do you write?

Most anywhere. I often go to the public library or the college library near my home. Yes, I often write in longhand. But, I also work at my computer at home. I took my laptop to the library one time and decided it was too much to carry around. I've written in doctor's waiting rooms, fast-food restaurants, sitting in my car. You name it, I've probably done it. Oh yes, writing while lounging by my swimming pool is best.


-Quick. Go to your writing space, sit down and look to your left. What is the first thing you see?

Bookcase.

-Favorite time to write?

Morning.

-Drink of choice while writing?
Coffee.


-When writing , do you listen to music or do you need complete silence?
I prefer silence, but when I do feel like listening to music, it's classical music I like.


-What was your inspiration for your latest manuscript and where did you find it?
That's a very long and complicated story. Long story short, it grew out of another book I wrote.


-What's your most valuable writing tip?
Don't wait for inspiration to hit to write. Write everyday, if you can, and write as much as you can.


Short bio:
I'm a 65 yr-old retiree who's raising his now 3 yr-old grandson. I've read a lot in the past 40 or more years. Most of my reading now is non-fiction. I really enjoy a good biography. I also enjoy art, and am now taking a drawing course. I've self-published a couple of books.

Good luck to you all.
Post a Comment