Pinterest/Interest

Friday, February 7, 2014

Painting and Writing: Writing and Painting

I've not written any blog posts during the past thirty or so days, because I haven't had anything to say until now, and also I've been busy with writing and painting and reading and, especially, life responsibilities.

We all seek balance in our lives between work and play. Ideally, our play and work are one in the same, at least, a significant amount of the time. For me, writing and painting are a form of work and play. During the past thirty days, I've managed to revise two short stories. I've submitted them to a website where people read and critique each other's work. Critique CircleBeing that I'm not currently participating in local critique writing groups, this site is proving to be helpful, even inspiring. I've gotten some valuable feedback, and have tried to give others valuable feedback. Also, I've been doing a lot of painting. I've completed a few works in acrylic and I'm working in oils in my painting class. Both are engrossing endeavors.

Just like most writers, I have days when I don't feel like writing. I procrastinate, even though I have much to do and know what I've got to do. The wonderful thing, though, is that when I'm in that mode, I spend more time painting. So I'm still doing something I enjoy and progressing. Another factor, all though it's not a strong one, is that when I'm painting, I'm also thinking about my writing. So, I'm still, in a sense, writing.

It's a win-win situation, one that's making my idea  of work and play a reality.


 Critique Circle

No comments: