Pinterest/Interest

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Book Reviews

As a self-published writer for ebooks, I want to become involved in reading other self-published ebooks and reviewing them. I'll leave the traditionally published books to others to review.

I feel a self-published ebook has to be looked at on two levels.

The first is the story itself. Does it work? Is it intriguing? Does it draw me in and keep me reading until the end? And how has the author handled all the basic elements of his craft?

The second level is the editing of the book. Has it been done successfully? I'll use a grading system for that:

A = no errors
B = a few errors, but doesn't affect the story
C = a few errors, and they effect the story
D = many errors that are distracting and affect the story
E = should never have been published

1 comment:

PK HREZO said...

There 's a lot to consider with self-pubbed books. But I think the general reading public is not so concerned with the same things writers and editors are. :)