Pinterest/Interest

Thursday, March 15, 2012

I'm happy today.

Yes, I'm happy today. I'm happy with the way my blog is going. I enjoy reading blogs I follow, and I enjoy reading the comments left on my blog. A lot of times I re-read my blog post after it's been up awhile and has a few comments. I like to see how I've connected with someone else. It is time-consuming, but I enjoy it or I wouldn't do it.

I'm happy today, because I had a good night's sleep. I suffer from sleep apnea and use a cpap machine to sleep. Sometimes I wake up in the morning just as tired as when I went to sleep. Doesn't make for a pleasant day.


I'm happy today, because my grandson and granddaughter are playing well together this morning. I'm raising my almost three-year-old grandson and I babysit my slightly younger granddaughter. Some days they drive me crazy and I get no work done. I won't get any work done today other than jump on the internet now and then. I like taking them to the park. They love it and I've met some pretty interesting people there. I've gotten to know one of the wives of the Jacksonville Jaguars coaching staff. She had a baby last month, so I probably won't see her again until the fall. I've seen a Jaguars player and his family there. I get to talk to other grandparents who are babysitting their grandchildren. We share stories as if we were two young mothers instead of retired grandparents.

I'm happy that I've now self-published two ebooks. I think I'm just as happy as if they'd been published by Random House or Scribners or any of the big boys.

How about you? Are you happy today, or is it a less than ideal day?

I've revealed a little bit about myself, because Rachna Chhabria Her blog asked for it. How about it? Let's keep it going. Tell us a bit about yourself.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Your post is making me happy!

What lovely reflections to make on life. One never looks back and regrets the time spent with family, especially grandchildren. Have fun at the park!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Richard .. that's wonderful and what a brilliant gesture to bring up your grandson - little mite - boy will he remember you.

Sounds as though you've settled into a contented existence - albeit one you never expected .. but good for you.

Brilliant you've self-published too - things be happy .. and it's Spring time ..

Yes - I had a nice chat with my Mama today - it's not often she's bright as a button - off course, but who worries we could converse!!

Wonderful to read .. cheers Hilary

Paula RC said...

I'm very happy today. This morning my son came out walking with me... A wee baby that he is...LoL.:-) He stands 6'2 and is 24... Bless him. and this afternoon I cut the lawn and planted up four containers with potatoes. The garden is coming alive with signs of spring.

How could one not be happy.:-)

Julia Hones said...

Lovely post, Richard. It's good to feel happy and positive and to spread that emotion. I look forward to reading your books. I will be travelling overseas in two days so it will take some time to get to them.

Tanya Reimer said...

Ah. *sighs of contentment* yes you do sound happy.

I am happy too. I started a new MS and find myself lost in the bliss of a new genre while I edit my other babies. All this while life twirls around me in an upward motion.

Enjoy your bliss.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't be too happy if I had sleep apnea! Getting a good night's sleep does make such a difference. But you are so upbeat; you seem to handle it well. And grandchildren can definitely cheer one up. That is a wonderful thing you are doing, raising that grand-child. It really doesn't matter, as you know, if we don't get anything written on a particular day, or don't have much time to blog. Family comes first. It's the only thing that really matters.

Your positive attitude has cheered me up today! Thanks!!! And thanks for taking a moment to leave a comment, accompanied by your "happy face" icon, on my post. I just made a comment in reply on your Facebook page about your wonderful novel.
Ann Best, Author of In the Mirror & Other Memoirs

Rachna Chhabria said...

Hi Richard, I am wondering how I missed this post. I loved reading it.