Pinterest/Interest

Friday, April 5, 2013

The Painted Veil, or how good can a movie be?

[Movie Review: The Painted Veil]

I know I've watched a special movie when I wake up in the middle of the night reliving some of it's scenes, thinking about the characters, and what it all means?

The Painted Veil is a deep movie: deep on an emotional level. The entire time I watched it, I was engaged in the characters, and how these two pretty ordinary people (Dr. Walter Fane and his wife, Kitty) became involved in a dangerous event. The tension between them is riveting, the outcome undecided until the very end. The ending of the movie was not surprising, although a bit ironic and, in some ways, satisfying. But everything before it was extraordinary.

This is not the kind of movie one wants to see; it's the kind one wants to live.


Post a Comment