Pinterest/Interest

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Photos I took at Neptune Beach as Tropical Storm/Hurricane Arthur passed by perhaps 100 miles off shore.

With the storm passing by I thought it would be an excellent chance for some good photos. The storm did not let me down. My camera is a simple Kodak digital point and shoot. It's my only digital camera. Someday, I'd like to upgrade. But you can take good photos with a simple camera. 

It was quite breezy and hot and the waves were more rapidly approaching than they were high, though they were high enough. There were quite a few people at the beach. Not like there'll be today, though, or this July 4th weekend. Having a swimming pool in my backyard, I don't frequent the beach as much as I would if I didn't have one. But, the beach is a special place, as these photos suggest. I must go there more often.


Passing through the sand dunes to reach the beach is like a rite of passage. It always raises my sense of expectation.

Then you step out onto the beach, and there it is.

I must go down to the seas again, for the call of the running tide
Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied;
And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying,
And the flung spray and the blown spume, and the sea-gulls crying.
(John Mansfield, 'Sea Fever')

Need to rest for a moment on the path to...?

There are some beautiful homes here.

Want to meditate for a while, while looking at the rising sun?

Van Gogh would have loved this place...

and this place too.

I hope you enjoyed looking as these photos as much as I did taking them.



No comments: