Pinterest/Interest

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Alex J. Cavanaugh: Where I live and why I like it.



My guest this week is the up-and-coming science fiction novelist Alex J. Cavanaugh. I've been following Alex's blog since I first began blogging and I've seen his accomplishments and awards constantly grow since that time. Known as Ninja Captain, his blog has a huge following. One of his most respected qualities is that he constantly promotes other writers. His blog is entertaining. I'm fortunate to have him here to tell us more about himself.


Ninja Captain playing in the sand.

Geographical Information:
Carolinas, USA

Is there any place in your area that’s considered a pilgrimage site, such as a religious shrine? If so, have you been there?
You mean outside of my church? Can’t think of any. Unless I count the shrine of guitars in my office…

Is there a site that has special meaning for you?
My office full of guitars?

Which one do you like better?

Is this where you were born and/or grew up? If not, how did you come to live here?
Definitely not! I’m a military brat, so I’ve lived all over. My current job brought me to this city.

What do you like best about where you live?
It’s the South, so it conservative, which I like. I live about halfway in between mountains and the beach, so easy access to both, which is cool.

Do you plan on living here the rest of your life?
Probably not in this city. Not sure where I’ll retire. (I’ve about ten-twelve years to decide.)

Do you have family in the area, or have you ventured out on your own?
Between college and my job, I’ve moved away from close family. I do have my wife though!

Are you happy where you live?
Yes!
Alex happily playing a guitar.

















For tourists, what would you recommend seeing?
Go to the beach. Preferably not during a hurricane though.

What do you do for entertainment where you live? Sporting events, theater, concerts, so on and so forth.
We do have minor league baseball. And professional hockey not too far away. Plus concerts. Otherwise, I spend a lot of time at the movie theater. (Yeah, I live wild life, don’t I?)

If you’re a writer, have you included where you live in the settings of any of your stories?
Not unless my city is suddenly teleported to another planet…

Would you recommend others to move to where you live? Why?
Sure! It’s a big city, so something for everyone. And as I said, only a couple hours from both beach and mountains.

Thanks, Richard! 

Alex J. Cavanaugh
Alex J. Cavanaugh has a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree and works in web design and graphics. He is experienced in technical editing and worked with an adult literacy program for several years. A fan of all things science fiction, his interests range from books and movies to music and games. Online he is the Ninja Captain and founder of the Insecure Writer’s Support Group. He’s the author of Amazon Best-Sellers CassaStar, CassaFire, and CassaStorm.


Look for Alex's books at a bookstore near you.
Thank you, Alex for this glimpse into your life and where you live. You can visit and/or follow Alex at his blog: Alex J Cavanaugh which is always full of information, and some of it is 'out of this world.'

No comments: