Pinterest/Interest

Monday, February 1, 2021

"I Ching Symphony": Spiritual Music

 I recently listened to the I Ching Symphony composed by Frank Steiner Jr. I had not listened to it in probably twelve to fifteen years. It is one of the most beautiful symphonies I have ever heard. I'm transported to another realm of existence when I listen to it. I had not listened to it for all that time, because it had been an integral part of my writing my novel The Sendoff. When I was writing the novel, I used to listen to the symphony every night when I went to bed. I put my headphones on and listened to the symphony as I drifted off to sleep. The next to the last movement of the symphony was/is, in my mind, an integral part of the last chapter of the novel. I would imagine the last chapter playing out, and the music of the next to the last movement of the symphony helped transport the character Mitchell to his destination. The music was perfect for that chapter. So, listening to it while I was painting today, I was once again transported to a miraculous state of mind. If you get a chance to listen to the I Ching Symphony, I hope you have the same kind of experience.

I Ching Symphony

The Sendoff

7 comments:

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

What an intriguing premise for your story. I have never heard the I Ching Symphony, but now I want to. Congratulations on your novel. It sounds like you are back to writing. Are you still doing visual art?

writing and living by Richard P Hughes said...

To Elizabeth. Yes, I'm still painting as well as writing. You'll enjoy the symphony.

Edi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ركن الامثل said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ركن الامثل said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ركن الامثل said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bruce said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.